VALVE STEM ADAPTERS [bag of 4]
OPEN TYPE VALVE STEM ADAPTERS
TIRE STEM ADAPTER OPEN TYPE
- TIRE STEM ADAPTER OPEN TYPE Chuck
- For tire changer or inflator
- Fit standard SCHRADER valve stems
- Serrated (barbed hose) shank for 6mm I.D. hose.
- Ultrasonic wash brass finish
- ONLY OPEN TYPE are available.
Difference between Open & Closed Air Chucks
- Open Type Air Chucks The Open Air chucks employ a “check valve” which will not seal the opening of the chuck when pressurized; however, it will open the core on the tire valve creating an “open passage” between the chuck and tire. Therefore, an OPEN check air chuck should be used on an air line gauge in order to function properly.
- Closed Type Air Chucks Closed Type Air Chucks employ a “check valve” which seals the chuck, closing the air passage while it is not being used, and when used, it will “open” the core on the tire valve, allowing the pressure from the hose to be transferred to the tire. When a “live” air line is used for “non-gauged” inflation of the tire, a CLOSED air chuck should be used.